Monday, January 7, 2013

Okay. So.

I'm sure there are some folks still very curious as to what exactly is going on.  Though my ordination meeting was on Thursday, I didn't hear back from them until a bit more recently.  And the news wasn't pleasant.

I am not going to be certified by the district.  However, it turns out this is somewhat worse than I initially believed it to be.  According to the letter I got, this decision has also ended my ability to seek ordination as a United Methodist clergy.  This is still a bit vague, and I've got some questions to ask, but reading this positively, if I ever decide to try again with the UMC elder track, I apparently will have to start over from scratch.

Yes, it sucks.  No, I am not pleased.  Yes, there are other opportunities out there.  Yes, there are other denominations.  No, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do yet.  Yes, I'm still going to finish up my time at STH.  Yes, I'm going to kill it, as I have done these past five semesters, because I am still doing it like a boss.  No, I don't have any summer plans.

You get the idea.  Things are a bit... wibbly wobbly at the moment.  I can learn to live with that.

And please, for the love of God, do not simply like this or comment with a simple "Praying for you".  Prayers are much beloved, and of course you should keep me in your prayers.  But if you wanna make contact about this, for whatever reason, actually make contact.  Send me a message on Facebook or an e-mail or something - I've got a smartphone now, so I can never leave the grid.  Give me a call or take me out for drinks or whatever.  Tell me dirty jokes.  Watch stupid cartoons with me.

I shall endure.  I'll find my way.  I always have.  I always will.

You guys rock.  And I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment