Monday, April 8, 2013

Singing Ezekiel

So, I wrote a hymn!  Because why not!

The text is Ezekiel's Valley of Dry Bones, and you sing it to WOUNDROUS LOVE (http://www.hymnary.org/media/fetch/99166).

Heeeeeeere goes....


Our bones are tired and worn, we’re cut off, we’re cut off
Our bones are tired and worn, we’re cut off
Our bones are tired and worn
Hope gone and spirits torn
What can we do but mourn in our state, in our state?
What can we do but mourn in our state?

Can these bones live again, oh my Lord, oh my Lord?
Can these bones live again, oh my Lord?
Can these bones live again?
If so, just say “Amen”
Make known to us your ken – what will be, what will be?
Make known to us your ken – what will be?

Your Word brings life to bone – flesh and breath, flesh and breath
Your Word brings life to bone – flesh and breath
Your Word brings life to bone
Pray, make your Spirit known
E’en Death is overthrown in your Name, in your Name!
E’en Death is overthrown in your Name!

And home is where we’ll be, Great I AM, Great I AM
And home is where we’ll be, Great I AM
And home is where we’ll be
At peace and fin’lly free
To sing your victory, allelu, allelu,
To sing your victory, allelu

No comments:

Post a Comment